Three types of classic block trains
DB Cargo's block train operations allow transport of high volumes quickly, flexibly and reliably – this is our strength.
From exceptionally adaptable to exceptionally cost-effective, our block train products offer you the ideal solution for any kind of major shipments.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Three solution options for transporting high volumes
- Planning certainty with a binding schedule
- Flexibility through last-minute booking
DB Cargo provides various block train solutions. You choose which option suits you the best.
DBplantrain - Cost-effective planning:
- Plan your train demand well in advance
- Regular transport of high volumes on fixed routes for fixed transport dates and times
DBvariotrain - pre-booked flexibility:
- Optional reservation of fixed routes for fixed transport dates and times
- Plan high transport volumes in a variable way
DBflextrain - the last-minute block train:
- Arrange transport volumes, routes and transport schedule at short notice
- Maximum flexibility upon order placement
This production system is able to fully utilize its strengths across the European transport network, particularly when it comes to bulk transport.