Logistics expertise from analysis through to implementation
Our logistics experts work with you to develop cost-effective, performance-optimized logistics solutions – selecting the right options across all carriers.
The logistics projects and consulting division of DB Cargo is the competent partner at your side. We focus on the strengths of each individual carrier in order to link them effectively. When it comes to optimizing supply chains, this expertise is therefore the focus of our consulting work.
DB Cargo provides you with competent support in tasks such as:
- Analysis and optimization of transports and business processes
- Sound, in-depth analyses of the equipment used, process costs, flow of information and physical flow of goods
- Location analyses and optimization of the logistics infrastructure
- Consulting, development and optimization of rail-focused cross-carrier logistics solutions
- Analysis of the market situation in your sector and developing a demand-responsive logistics solution accordingly
- Identification of future trends and development of your logistics
- Planning, implementing and managing complex, customized rail logistics projects
- Analysis of the plant's internal material flow and processes to devise an optimum, customized plant maneuvering service
Step by step, we develop custom-made logistics solutions for each customer. A preliminary study usually provides a good initial overview, which usually gives an indication of the main areas of focus for optimization. For our experts, however, consulting does not merely include the concept development. We also implement the solutions we developed jointly and take care of the project management. In this way, you benefit from the comprehensive practical and project experience of our experts as well as from the wide range of industry know-how. We are excellently linked with the different stakeholders and institutions of the rail sector. For our customers, this means less complexity and more scope for development to concentrate on the core business.
In particular, we focus on the following points:
- Covering safety and environmental concerns
- Reducing our customers' warehousing tiers and inventory levels
- Europe-wide transport and storage logistics
- Optimizing delivery times and reliability
- Increasing use of rail transport and dependability of execution
- Procurement, distribution and plant logistics
- Assistance and support in the implementation phase of the concepts we devise together
- Logistics expertise for large-scale projects such as construction site supply and disposal
- Planning and implementation of time-critical heavy transports, including the use of special transport equipment
- Design and execution of unusual transport tasks