The intelligent link of road and rail
Our door-to-door logistics service combines the advantages of rail and road transport perfectly, creating new potential for improved service quality and deceased cost.
With our European network of multimodal logistics centers, we offer you environmentally friendly, rail-based and reliable door-to-door transport and logistics solutions.
Our network of DB Schenker Railports and DB Cargo logistics centers will continue to be expanded in the future and combined intelligently with rail freight transport. For example, special shuttle trains, direct trains and hub systems are already in use today.
The sites usually feature warehouse buildings and outdoor storage areas as well as special equipment for handling a wide variety of goods.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Fast and reliable multimodal door-to-door transports
- Combined advantages of rail freight transport with the flexibility of road
- Environmentally friendly transport rail
- Supply chain meeting customer demands
- Optimized transport of packaged and unpackaged solid, liquid, palletized goods or loose bulk cargo
- Comprehensive network with highly capable partners
- Potential for lowering costs by outsourcing and taking advantage of cost-effective rail transport
- Round-the-clock logistics without the transport time restrictions of long-distance road transport
- All-inclusive support from a single point of contact
Our service can be expanded by adding the following options:
- Organizing pre-carriage and on-carriage via truck
- Handling storage and inventory management
- Additional value-added logistics services such as quality assurance, packaging and order picking
Implementing rail-based just-in-time (JIT) and just-in-sequence (JIS) concepts